Thank you, Teresa, over at Catholibertarian for the Food For Thought Award. Catholibertarian is one of my favourite, can’t miss blogs. Here’s a little something about them: “Love, in order to be, must be free. Therefore we affirm the essential truth in the teaching of Dignitatis Humanae and hold it to be compatible with the longstanding teaching of the Catholic Church, older statements in papal bulls and in works of rightly revered Doctors of the Church notwithstanding.” Go visit them…….often.
I can honestly say that this award surprised me. When I started blogging, I didn’t think anyone would read anything I wrote, but as the numbers started climbing, I was forced to re-think blogging. The increasing numbers made me a little nervous and I thought, “geez, God, what’s going on?” But it’s God that’s going on. It has to be. 8kidsandabusiness has no meaning if it isn’t about God and participating in the work He wishes to do in and through me. The blog is another way of reminding me that everything – my life, my marriage, my kids, my business, my blog, all of it – is from God. I am graced to be an instrument using my God-given abilities and talents. Soli Deo gloria. To God be the glory.
Citizen Tom created the Food For Thought Award. Here is his explanation:“What’s The Food for Thought Award? How can we combine The Super Sweet Blogger Award with The Thought Provoking Blog Award? Well, when a Christian blog offers visitors wisdom from the Word of God, isn’t that blog providing its visitors food for thought? Ah ha! Thus was born a new award.” Thank you, Citizen Tom!
Here are the rules:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the one who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Share seven of your favourite Bible passages. For extra points (Perhaps our Father in heaven will award them.), explain why each of these seven passages is a favourite.
- Nominate seven other bloggers you admire and enjoy! Why seven? In the Bible, seven symbolizes completeness.
- Inform each person that you have nominated them.
Here are 7 of my favourite Bible passages (may I just say that limiting to 7 was H.A.R.D.)
- “as for me and my household, we shall serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15 The most important role of Christian parents is to teach our children about God. To do that, God must be central to our home life so that one day, when they make decisions about their future, their vocation, they will be equipped to listen to His voice.
- “Those who trust in Him will understand truth, and the faithful will abide with Him in love, because grace and mercy are upon His holy ones, and He watches over His elect.” Wisdom 3:9 It is very comforting to know that our Father in Heaven loves us infinitely.
- “He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?” Micah 6:8 This summarizes beautifully how we are to live our lives.
- “…Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof; but only speak the word, and my servant will be healed.” Matthew 8:8 Because I am not worthy…..
- “He must increase, but I must decrease.” John 3:30 God increases when I manage to stand back and let Him work in and through me.
- “We know that all things work together for good for those who love God…” Romans 8:28 Everything is grace, God is in control and He knows what He’s doing.
- ” Let love be genuine; hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good……….Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer……..Bless those who persecute you……….” Romans 12: 9 -19 This passage eloquently expresses how I want my children to live.
I excitedly give the Food For Thought Award to the following blogs:
- Gracie’s Quest
- Life As I Know It
- One Tenth Blog
- Catholic Cravings
- Radiant Form