A while back, I asked my spiritual director if accepting blog awards was you know, full of myself. His reassuring answer? “Ask for nothing, graciously accept what you’re given. That’s humility, too.”
With that in mind, consider this my acceptance speech for three blogging awards that were given to me by some thoughtful blogging friends.
Thank you, 1CatholicSalmon for the Best Moment Award and most especially for your faithful Catholic blog. 1CatholicSalmon – swimming upstream against the tide – is a good resource for Catholic teaching. Go pay a visit and follow along.
Thanks, Biltrix for the Semper Fidelis award and the Sunshine Award. Biltrix – cultural apologetics for the New Evangelization. Are you following James and the other writers at Biltrix? You should. You really should.
Here are the rules for the three awards:
- Use the award logo in the post.
- Link to whoever nominated you.
- Write 10 pieces of information about yourself.
- Nominate fellow bloggers who meet the indicated criteria.
- Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award.
10 more things about myself:
- I’m surprised that 8kids is still around almost two years later and I’m exceedingly grateful to everyone who continues to drop by to read, comment, like. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
- I have a dark chocolate addiction. My family and my spiritual director say that I can never give up chocolate or I’ll be a pain to live with.
- I am excited and blessed to join the team of contributors who will be writing daily Gospel reflections over at CatholicMom. My reflections appear on the third day of each month. Here’s my first one: Daily Gospel Reflection for January 3, 2014
- My monthly blog contributions at CatholicMom will continue to appear on the first Friday of each month.
- I like shoveling snow which is a good thing because it’s really coming down out there.
- There’s a big stack of books beside my bed waiting to be read and there’s another bunch of books on my kindle.
- I’m excited to be writing more articles for the Canadian publication, Catholic Insight Magazine. I’ve just submitted an article on caring for the elderly and an article on the physical effects of the scourging and crucifixion. I’m now working on an article about Bill 52, the euthanasia/assisted suicide bill that’s passed second reading in the province of Quebec. After that, I’m writing something on life in large families. The articles will appear throughout the year in the magazine.
- I’m taking a different approach to New Year’s Resolutions this year – more on that later.
- Work/business demands, family needs and research/writing commitments at Catholic Insight Magazine mean that I will be blogging less at 8kids. I’ll still publish my weekly post that is linked to the Catholic Insight website but will only occasionally blog twice a week.
- I love this video. It makes me very happy 🙂
And the Awards go to:
- Filling My Prayer Closet
- Tales of a Mom
- The Peanut Gallery
- Holiness in Motherhood
- Roses Near Running Waters
- Midwest Mary
- The Polka-Dot Barn
- Saint Theodora/ Mother Theodore Guerin
- Reclaiming the Sacred
- Liturgy Guy
- Written by the Finger of God
Last but not least, I’d like to invite you to take a look at my friend Fr. Chris Lemieux’s new blog, Come, Follow Me. Fr. Chris has just started a new position as Assistant Vocations Director with the Archdiocese of Toronto and is new to blogging. Please show my friend some love.